This position is funded by the European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DYCON – Dynamic Control”.
Research activities will be focused in some of the priority lines of the project, that will be identified accordingly to the candidate's profile.
Faculty or centre
DeustoTech, University of Deusto, Bilbao, Basque Country,Spain
The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DYCON – Dynamic Control”, coordinated by Enrique Zuazua at DeustoTech (University of Deusto, Bilbao – Basque Country – Spain), aims to develop a multifold research agenda in the broad area of Control of Partial Differential Equations (PDE) and their numerical approximation methods to contribute with new key theoretical methods and results, and to develop the corresponding computational software. This project identifies six key topics:
- control of parameter dependent problems;
- long finite time horizon control;
- control under constraints
- inverse design of time-irreversible models;
- memory models and hybrid PDE/ODE models,
- and the links between finite and infinite-dimensional dynamical systems.
The chosen postdoc researcher will carry out mathematical and/or computational research on some of the main scientific priorities of DYCON in a multidisciplinary and international environment with excellent facilities.
The chosen postdoc researcher will carry out mathematical and/or computational research, with excellent facilities and world-wide academic and industrial-technological network, in DeustoTech (Bilbao – Basque Country – Spain) in some of the priority lines of the project, that will be identified accordingly to the candidate's profile.
Main Research Field
- Partial Differential Equations
- Control Systems
- Numerical Analysis
- Scientific Computing
Places available: 1
Estimated period: 12 month placement preferably within the 2017-2018 academic period.
- PhD Thesis in Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Engineering or closely related areas, with emphasis on Partial Differential Equations, Control theory, Numerical Analysis and/or Scientific Computing.
- Able to work in a highly motivated environment.
- Strong team working & communication skills.
- Good written English skills.
- Driven, independent personality.
A temporary contract in Bilbao, University of Deusto, at a stimulating work environment within a highly motivated multidisciplinary team. Possibilities to continue a research career depending on performance
Comment/web site for additional job details
For more information please visit the DYCON webpage (http://enzuazua.net/the-newly-awarded-erc-advanced-grant-dycon-dynamic-control/), and those of DeustoTech (http://deustotech.deusto.es), contact Prof. Enrique Zuazua (email@example.com) for additional information on the research topics or any other query.
How to apply/Application material required
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief research proposal aligned with DyCon objectives
- Contact Information for two or three references
- Complementary material
First call ends the 5 of May 2017. The Laboratory Deustotech at the University of Deusto in Bilbao (Spain) reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the positions open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.